Our team has a diverse set of skills, but one important commonality: Every single one of us remembers a childhood filled with games. That passion and those memories guided the founding of the company. We’re creators and we work together to share those creations with the world.
We started this company with a simple goal: Making a game. For years, our founder tried to secure financing through the normal routes to develop his first game. He tried the usual routes, but they all failed. So then he tried to make a news company in the hopes that it would bring in enough money to bankroll his first game. That as well failed. Then he turned to the public, and tried to get it funded that way. While initially seeming to be a failure, it ended up being a blessing!
Everything changed at that point. His personal life bloomed and his health improved. And the Lord sent an angel to act as investor for the first game. Once the funds were secured, the next is, as we say, history. CFP secured enough talent to develop our first game, and we are hard at work with all the great idea’s for games that we have!
A little history of the business:
- We were involved in the local eSports back in the 90s before it was called eSports. We had a professional team doing the local tournaments and some of them online (though the vast majority at local cafe’s).
- We did a lot of professional beta testing and consulting for small educational games (mainly math games for junior high) as well as some entertainment titles from well known companies. We still do some, but its work of passions these days, not professionally any more.
- We did a lot of “Power-Leveling” and “Currency Farming” for Massively Multiplayer Online Games, including running teams in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. This was our most profitable stream of income until the pressure to compete against the Occidentals made this unprofitable as we couldn’t compete with their wages. Due to us wanting to stay of the highest quality possible, we eventually had to bow out of the industry.
- We covered news of the industry for a while, and compiled massive lists and did case studies on the various games of the industry to see what works and what doesn’t work. Over the years we have found many sites who could do this better than us, thus we redirected people there and closed our department.
- We have worked as Consultants for multiple companies to provide insights into the industry, as well as to write reports on user experiences and direction that a company should take to ensure to attain and retain clients. As they say, the first five minutes are critical to ensuring you can attract the users in the first place. After that, its their job to ensure the customer wants to stay with them.
- We have worked to revamp gaming industry companies to make them more profitable. This includes founding Customer Service offices, as well as headquarters for their administrative staff.
- We have worked on multiple titles as game developers and designers. Many of these have been released, including some from very well known brands.
- We are now working on producing some great games that we think others will love!
MEET THE TEAM
Denis Lange is a veteran of the gaming industry, bringing over 15 years of experience to the projects he is involved with. Most of those years were spent as a Professional Gamer (Playing & Winning Tournements for cash prizes, testing games, paid-to-play live games, staff for online games, training, etc). He has also been a director in multiple Companies (virtual services for the gaming community), as well as worked on two released Massively Multiplayer Game as a Quest Designer and Class Designer. He has worked as a game designer for other educational games as well. Denis is a proud Canadian, having received his Internet Systems Specialist Diploma from the University of Winnipeg, as well as a Unix System Administrators degree with honors from Popul Computer Training Center in Ottawa. He has been quoted in newspaper stories including CBC reports, and has posted over 10,000 entries, making him a very active contributor to online gaming communities. He is a devoted father and lives with his family in Manitoba (Canada).